Air Conditioning Service Engineer (North West)
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager you will be responsible for the routine planned preventative maintenance and repair of customers’ refrigeration/air conditioning equipment together with any other mechanical and electrical services that you may be asked to attend.
This role involves weekday and occasional weekend out of hours working, covering callouts and overnight stay-aways.
Works will be on an individual basis or as part of a 2 or 3 person team ordinarily.
Works to be based primarily in the North West region but travel
Job Outline & Accountability:
- Surveying buildings where cooling systems are to be fitted
- Discussing requirements with customers
- Designing and installing systems
- Running quality checks to make sure systems are working properly and safely
- Diagnosing and fixing faults
- Carrying out planned maintenance.
Key skills & Experience:
- NVQ Level 3 in Refrigeration Systems and/or Air Conditioning Systems,
- Safe Handling of Refrigerants Certification,
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative,
- Flexible approach to working hours,
- Proven ability at fault finding and diagnosis
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Good team work ethic with confidence to use initiative when required
- Good diagnosing/fault finding and repair skills essential
- Must be responsible have good time management and work off own initiative effectively
- Customer focused with the ability to converse directly with our clients in a friendly and knowledgeable manner
- 'Can do' Flexible and adaptable attitude for a potentially varied role
- Ability to work well within a team and on your own
- Must be able to comprehensively fill out report sheets and return to office in a timely manner
- Full UK driving license
- Travel will be expected to other company sites, including Ireland, Billinghurst and Hertfordshire.